Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Not the last minute! Yay!

I'm a HUGE procrastinator......and usually wait until the last stinkin second to do anything with a deadline!  Not this time!

I have a gift exchange at our quilt guild's Christmas party on Dec. 11, and I just finished my gift!  Woohoo!!!!



I picked up a little mug of the Pfaltzgraff 'Winterberry' pattern.......I have a few serving pieces of it, and just love it.......it's a sweet little sprig of holly on them.

And I just finished the mug rug to go with it!  It's a wonky star in fabric with holly sprigs on it......kindof matches, and I backed it with the holly fabric, too.

And can I just say.......this was the first time I really used my walking foot, and have never quilted with it, but........

I LOVE IT!  I'm going to be using that walking foot A LOT from now on!  My stitch-in-the-ditch was dead-on!  And it made the straight lines evenly spaced and perfect!  Holy cow!  Why had I never used that before!?!  Sheesh!  I'm so out of it sometimes!

And can you believe it......I've posted twice in one week!  Whoa!  I'm on a roll!  lol

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

regan

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on being ahead of the game!! Great feeling, isn't it? I seem to remember experiencing it once, many years ago. : )
    What a sweet gift. The recipient of that will be lucky.
    I agree--walking foot and stitch-in-the-ditch make a great duo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You did a great job on the mug rug and I love the quilting. I always use my walking foot for ANY quilting whatsoever! Happy Thanksgiving Regan! I'm happy to read BOTH your posts this week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was a time when I was intimidated by a walking foot. I don't know why, but once I used it, I was hooked. You reminded alsme to get working on my ornament for an upcoming ornament exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the mug mat and the shadow quilting - very nice.

    I just ordered a walking foot for my machine and look forward to trying it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you, that is a really lovely. I'm in the same procrastinator boat as you but have also managed to finish a pair of holiday placemats - a month before Christmas, no less!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great Christmas mug rug! Good on you for getting to know your walking foot. There'll be no stopping you now! Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there dear friend, I love that mug rug too-great job matching patterns.
    It's so good to see you; I've been working on doll clothes instead of quilts.
    Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Sending big hugs your way.
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is cute mat to go with the mug. I love that gift.
    www.thoughtsofpaps.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are too cute and this is a great gift! Yay you :).

    ReplyDelete