Sunday, November 6, 2016

Really? A year? Sheesh!

Yep....can't believe it's just shy of a year since my last post!  I know....pathetic!  I should just give it up.....but somehow, I keep coming back!  HA!

And I just had to post now, because we leave on a cruise on Tuesday, and if I wait until we get back, it will be OVER A YEAR!  Can't have that!  That's just wrong!  So, so wrong!

So I do have quilty stuff to show, and of course, grandbaby stuff, too!  Yay!

We're back in Florida again!  We are loving the snowbird thing!  And we love that it gives us a chance to spend time with our little peanut, Madeline!

Maddie turned 1 year old two weeks ago!  Can't believe it!  She's awesome in every way, and we were the luckiest grandparents to get to care for her last year!  We loved every minute of it!  Of course, now she's walking around.....and we're much too old for that kind of energy level!  So she's staying in her wonderful daycare this go around.....and we will visit and take her with us on day trips from time to time!  Perfect!

Here she is with my friend Pat's quilt that she made for her 1st birthday!  Soft and sweet, and Maddie loves it!!  You're awesome, Pat!



And for more quilty goodness, I entered a quilt in my guild's show in October, and it won 2 ribbons!  A 1st place AND a Judge's Choice!  Woot Woot!  I'm so honored!



It's called 'Orange you afraid of spiders?' and it's quilted in big stitch!  My first attempt....and I really enjoyed it!  I have to admit, though, that I'll never big stitch with crotchet cotton again, because the texture of it caused the batting to beard on the stitches.  Ugh!  There was a LOT of lint brush work to get it ready for the show!  A smoother or silkier thread would have been a better choice, but I was going for matte finish instead of any shine.  But lesson learned!

I just looked back through some posts, and it turns out I started this spiderweb on Nov. 10, 2010!  Yikes!  Six years in the making!  I had so much fun making the blocks.....from repurposed plaid shirts.....and I remember at the time that it was just going to be a fun and scrappy little quilt!  No intentions of ever putting it in a show!  So funny to think back on that now!

Before I go, I really need to say hello to Sue and Noreen, who have wondered where I've been, and if I'm ever going to blog again!  Thanks for looking for me, and I'm happy to say that I'm back to blogland!

And my next post should have some pics of our time on the cruise!  We are heading for Aruba, Curacao, Cartegena Columbia, the Panama Canal, and Costa Rica!  I'm so excited!  I've never been to any of these places!  My hubby has been to some of these spots during his years in the Navy.....but that was many years ago.....so it will be new to him, too!  Woot!  Eleven days on a cruise.....pure heaven!

See you soon!

regan


6 comments:

  1. Well hello stranger! I'm so happy to hear from you again and to see you back in Blogland. Also happy to hear all is well with you (as I was wondering too). Congratulations on the ribbons decorated quilt. So cool and it is a gorgeous quilt.
    Madeline is so adorable. She is so perfect in the picture with a perfect shaped head, a button nose and a barely open rose bud lips. Just adorable. I love to look at sleeping babies. No. I just love babies, period! lol. Enjoy the cruise! We will still be here when you come back. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! : )
    That is a very sweet shot of little Maddie.
    Congrats on your ribbons! Great quilt--I love the clever name, too.
    Sounds like the bearding was a headache. We live and learn, don't we?
    Enjoy your cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you. Congrats on the great quilt win. But more importantly that gorgeous baby!! Enjoy the cruise. I love where you're going, gorgeous, I just have an allergy to crusies. :-) ENJOY!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WElCOME HOME REGAN!!! So very glad you are back, I've missed you and wondered if you had decided to just stay in Florida and quilt blogging. I know you'll have a wonderful time on your cruise. Love your friends quilt she made for Maddie, who is just adorable. I also want to say it is no surprise that you got the ribbons for your quilt-well done. So enjoyed hearing from you.
    Hugs,Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back to Florida. I'm sure your grandbaby is thrilled you are back as well.

    Congratulations on our ribbons. That is an amazing quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the big stitch curls on your cheddar border. Nice touch!

    ReplyDelete