Saturday, November 6, 2010

Another baby quilt!

I just got back from the thrift store where I picked up 9 more men's shirts for my shirting collection!  Bonnie Hunter has created a total shirt maniac in me!  I can't wait for Saturday's when the thrift store is open!  My drawer of just the collars, cuff, and pockets is overflowing, so I thinking I'm needing to get busy on those with a project!  I was thinking a scrappy spiderweb design.  We'll see what happens.

In the meantime, here is another baby quilt that I've made!  I just love the simplicity of the 9-patch and the blue and white.  It measures 45 x 38, so it's on the generous side for a baby quilt.




I made a similar twin sized quilt for my mother.  Hers was the quilt that I did my first machine feather all around the border, and it turned out great!  Although I think in hindsight I would have made the feathers bigger, because it really blended with the stipple around it, and unless you were really looking, you might not see it!

But it's one of my favorite quilts that I've made.  I just love the clean look of it!

Also, I can't wait for Bonnie's upcoming mystery quilt!  It will be my first mystery, and I love her stuff so much, I know it will be fun fun fun!

regan 

No comments:

Post a Comment