Sunday, October 31, 2010

It's like a little library!

As I'm browsing blogs this morning, I realized yet another benefit of blogging!

As I add pictures of the quilts I've made to my blog, I'm actually keeping a little library of the pics here, and they are here forever!  Sweet!  Because just last week my husband's computer died, and all I could think of was what he might have lost since his last backup.  And I don't know about you, but I know I don't do that very often!  And I know I should, but I don't!  So all those pics that I've added since the last time.....could be lost!  Yikes!

BUT.....if I add them to my blog, I've got em!

So here is another quilt I've made.  This was a baby quilt made for our dear friends Dahlia and Teddy's sweet little Vivian when she was born!  Here she is at about 3 years old....isn't she a doll!


This quilt was hand pieced and machine quilted.  I've made the hummingbird design before (my first hand pieced quilt ever) and I loved it so much, I had to do it again for Vivian!  I made it in the reproduction 30's prints.  It's oversized, about 45"x60", so it can be used as Vivian gets older.  And she does!

Ok....my little library is getting bigger!  Yippee!

regan  :o)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Regan,
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment about the linking issue. I am determined to figure this out for everyone.
    I love your quilts...1930's fabric is my favorite. Little Vivian is a cutie! Just became your first follower. See, this is why I love blogging. You stopped by mine and then I found another great blog of inspiration. Good luck with the new blog. I had my issues in the beginning especially with loading photos.
    Take care,
    ~Karen~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi...it's me again. I just wanted to let you know and most new bloggers have no idea about this, but you are a "No Reply" when you leave a comment on someone's blog. That means, when you leave a comment on someone's blog, there isn't an email address attached to it, so no one can write back to you.
    If you go to my blog, on the right side bar under my Labels section, click on No Reply and it will bring you to 2 posts that will show you how to change it. That way people can email you back and makes for easier communication. Hope this helps. I also noticed you are from Maine. I live in Rhode Island so not too far!
    Take care,
    ~Karen~

    ReplyDelete