Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Triangles!

I can't believe it but I have finished piecing all of the triangle blocks for my quilt!  All 196 of them!  And the 18 side half-blocks.....AND last night I cut out all of the background pieces!  I'm ready to put it all together!  Woohoo!  And I just looked back, and realized that I started all of this just 2 weeks ago!  Holy cow!  I sure do love being retired!  Cuz it is ALL about the quilts now!  Yay!

Here are the stacks of blocks ready to be put on the design wall for placement!


Here are about half of the blocks laid out on the floor a few night ago.  I realized I needed more light-on-light blocks, since that is what really speaks to me in the antique original.  So I spent the last few days just making those, until I had all the blocks I needed.  The finished quilt will measure about 72 x 86.

And today I'm supposed to have a golf lesson (my short game sucks!), but it's also supposed to get to 92 degrees today......so I think I'm cancelling the lesson......and I'm going to start piecing these together!

Hope you all have a great day!

regan

18 comments:

  1. Wow--you've accomplished so much in so little time! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt already looks fabulous! I'm noticing the light on light in old quilts and the impact they make, too.
    Gonna be hot here, too. Good day to stay in and quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be a beauty. Retired or not, that was fast!!
    Good thing it is going to be hot today so you "have to" cancel your lesson and get this put together. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good grief! Let me get my jaw off the floor...that's amazingly fast! So beautiful! Yay you!

    LaDonna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! It looks so awesome! And I agree, sitting in the AC sewing is the best activity for a too-hot day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like retirement agrees with you, Regan! I think spending a day piecing all those beautiful blocks together sounds better than golfing in 90-degree temps! You certainly are on a roll. I can tell I'm already going to love your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you sleeping?? LOL! These are gorgeous! And I know exactly what you mean - I'm really hoping my unemployment will end in retirement :). Great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go Regan!!! You're unstoppable!! This is going to be one amazing quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW REGAN!! You got those done so quickly and sooo many. These looks great, what a wonderful quilt this will be!
    man is it HOT here in NJ

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look fantastic all together.. it will be a wonderful quilt... you are hot, we are cold... best we both stay indoors and sew!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. You golf, you quilt, you garden.do you sleep?
    You're making me feel like a lazy slug.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow is all I can say. Awesome blocks its going to be a fantastic quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good golly, that was fast! Absolutely love this quilt. So much bias to deal with when you piece it together...do you have any hints? Did you leave the papers on the triangles?

    ReplyDelete
  14. blocks look great, good for you staying inside too hot out there, surprised its that hot in Maine too!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Delightful blocks...more fun staying inside playing in your sewing room! I't hot here in Des Moines, Iowa too.

    Fun blog!

    Carolyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! That's some effort and will be a stunning quilt. Congratulations on getting them all done, it's a great feeling, hey.

    ReplyDelete
  17. All those triangles are just gorgeous. They will make an awesome quilt. I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete