Monday, November 5, 2018

It's been a while!

Here we are in November already, and I'm just now getting back to blogging!  I know....typical of me, right?

Well, a ton of stuff has happened in this year, but to make a long story short......

.....my hubby is CANCER-FREE!!!  Yippee!!!  Last November, the chemo and radiation did their job perfectly, shrinking and killing the tumor in his esophagus.  In February, he had his esophagus removed, capturing all the possible cancer cells.  His recuperation went very smoothly, coming off the feeding tube in less than a month, and he is now eating anything he wants....just smaller amounts, and sloooooowly!  He's back to his old self, just 20 lbs lighter!  Life is good!

Our grandbaby Maddie just turned 3!  I know....I can't believe it, either!  Here she is.....so stinkin cute!




Just look at all those curls!  Woot!  She is just about to start talking in sentences....can't wait!  For now, Grandma comes out as 'Dodo' and Grandpa is 'Poppy'.....we're totally good with those names!  Ha!

And last, but not least, I finished my Pineapple Hexie Stars quilt.....the one I started 3 years ago, here in Florida.  I entered it in my guild's show last month, and got a Blue Ribbon, a Judge's Choice, and one of three Viewer's Choice ribbons.  Woot!



It's hand quilted.....every 1/2" log!  No pics of the quilting, but here's a closeup of the piecing.



It was inspired by an antique quilt hanging in the Vermont Quilt Festival a few years ago (owned by Sharon Waddell), and the second I saw it, I just knew I had to make one!  I love everything about it, and would make it again in a heartbeat!  But.....there are so many other quilts on my list!

We are once again in Florida for the winter (heading back to Maine in late April).  Maddie is just a 7 hour drive from here, so we are planning a visit every 3 or 4 weeks!  Yay!

This year, I've brought my featherweight with me, and plan on giving it a workout!

Sewing, a little golf, and visiting the grandbaby!  Life doesn't get any better than that!

And it's good to be back to blogging!  Yay!

regan

6 comments:

  1. Regan! So delighted to see your post!! And super excited to hear about the wonderful news concerning hubby!! And yes, she is adorable!!

    Gorgeous quilt! Way to go!!

    I just recently returned to blogging and it’s been good!!

    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Such great news on all fronts!! I am so happy about your hubby...that is a mean surgery, and I am delighted he is doing well. Your quilt is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regan! So happy to have you back in Blogland. Awesome news about your husband. So happy for you and him. Congratulations on all the ribbons too. It is an awesome quilt. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such good news about your hubby!!
    Little Maddie is adorable. That is such a fun age. I have a 3-year-old granddaughter named Maggie.
    Your Pineapple Stars quilt is Stunning! What an accomplishment--I am very impressed. Don't know that I could make such a quilt in a lifetime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to hear from you again Regan !
    The best news - your hubby is doing great !
    Your quilt is AMAZING, just like I expected. ;)
    Your granddaughter is beautiful. Grands are the best !
    Enjoy Florida.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back Regan.
    I am happy to hear that your husband is well.
    And c'mon that grandbaby is beautiful.
    Happy Life! Happy for you Regan.

    ReplyDelete