Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Vermont Quilt Festival - Part 2!

More pics from the Vermont Quilt Festival this past weekend.  Enjoy!


 "Indian Summer" by Alexandra Nickerson, Colchester, VT



"My Secret Garden" by Beth Giard, Essex Junction, VT


Made by Pat Delaney, one of the instructors at the show.





 "Oh My Stars" by Sue Freeland, Hainesport, NJ
The hand quilting on this was wonderful!



 "Blue Baskets (All by Hand III)" by Jane Crutchfield, Belchertown, MA



 "Dear Lucille" by Lucille LaPorte, Ste. Adele, QC


 "30's Remembrance" by Adele Patch, Lebanon, NH


"Simple Elegance" by Margaret Ferfuson, Glace Bay, NS
Beautiful hand quilting on this one......really lovely!




 "Wild Goose Chase in Quebec" by Grace Collot, Montreal North, QC


"Starry Night" by Lynn Wheatley, South Royalton, VT


I have enough pics for 2 more posts.....coming soon!

Today I finished piecing my triangles top, and I am still working at getting all the paper piecing off of the back!  My fingers are a bit sore from that!  Sheesh!  Who knew THAT was going to be such a chore!  I'll show the top as soon as I'm done.

Hope everyone has a great 4th of July!  We'll be kite flying down in Portland.....maybe I'll get some pics of that, too!  :o)

regan








8 comments:

  1. Oh, some lovely quilts--those tiny baskets--WOW! I am glad to see so many that were hand quilted. Thanks for the virtual visit to the show. Look forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many wonderful quilts. It's great to see all that lovely hand quilting!Pulling paper out of paper piecing is so annoying, and messy, but worth it for all those points. Happy 4th July!!! Happy Kite flying!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving those blue baskets, what a terrific show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely quilts. Thanks for sharing the photos, I doubt I'll ever visit that festival (too far) so seeing the pix is nice.
    Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing those beautiful quilts! I am always in awe when I go to shows. The talent is unbelievable! Depending on my mood, it either inspires me or makes me wonder what the heck am I doing?!

    LaDonna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome quilts. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful - I'm looking forward to the next installment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the blue baskets are my favorite. Such lovely quilts. Thanks for sharing.
    Picking off the bits of paper is why I only use paper piecing if absolutely necessary for accuracy. Which, unfortunately, is quite often! ; c )

    ReplyDelete